- Attention current & new Mount Union athletes, look in your UMU email soon for all medical paperwork and how to use SportsWARE software
- Directions for joining SportsWARE online the first time
- Mount Union Athletic Participation Release Form
- NCAA Medical Exception Documentation Reporting Form to Support the Diagnosis of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and Treatment with Banned Stimulant Medication
- NCAA Banned Substance List
- Copy of email sent to student-athletes
All Raider Student-Athletes:
- We have recently acquired a new database for all of our paperwork.
- The database itself is called SportsWARE and we will be using it from now on.
- Directions for joining SportsWARE online is here
- Within this document is a description of what needs to be completed.
- We have also included in the email some common questions we have received about the system.
- We will require that your SportsWARE profile be created and updated by July 31, 2017.
- Each class has something specific it must complete and be potentially uploaded to SportsWARE.
- Please read the special instructions listed under each class. Pay special attention to your specific instructions.
- You must complete all SportsWARE, Documentation, Information and Forms by July 31, 2017.
- Any surgeries within the last year MUST have a clearance letter when you arrive to campus. You may have your physicians fax their clearances to the MAAC ATF at 330-823-4896.
- Check all prescriptions and dietary supplements with drugfreesport.com and your supervising athletic trainer to ensure compliance with the NCAA banned substance list.
- ANY ADD/ADHD prescriptions MUST be backed up every year by the ADHD reporting form.
- Please read all SportsWARE documentation as this is your initial exposure to NCAA medical compliance as a college athlete.
- Please fill out the Mount Union Athletic Participation Release Form and take it with you to your provider. Your home physician must sign it. You will need to get us a hard copy, or upload it to SportsWARE.
- Anyone who takes ADD/ADHD medication must see their physician with the ADHD reporting form. Fill out all required documentation on SportsWARE and upload any necessary documentation to SportsWARE (i.e. Clearance Letters).
- Anyone born after 1994 may have already had testing completed with the newborn screening. You may want to check with your care provider at that time for those records.
- Please feel free to share this with your parents if you need help with completion of required forms and documentation.
- You will need to create a SportsWARE Profile.
- Complete your SportsWARE documentation and complete your information prior to July 31, 2017.
- You will have to upload any clearance letters prior to returning to Mount Union to SportsWARE or provide us with a hard copy.
- ADHD reporting form must be updated, and uploaded with the report from the appointment with your home provider prior to reporting to Mount Union.
It is important to remember to report everything to ensure compliance and protection of your health care. We look forward to seeing you all back on campus, and hope you have safe travels to Alliance. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.
Mount Union Athletic Training Staff
- Athletic Training Staff
- Athletic Training Visiting Team Brochure
- Athletic Training Education Program
Athletic Training Education Program
Field experience, state-of-the-art facilities and high employment rates after graduation - enjoy these perks and many more through our selective and CAATE accredited athletic training major. Build skills in the prevention, diagnosis, immediate care and rehabilitation of athletic-related injuries and illness for a rewarding and challenging career.
Visiting Team Information
We hope your stay is a healthy one! Below is a list of athletic training supplies that will be available to you as well as phone numbers for our certified athletic trainers and medical facilities.
The Mount Union Athletic Training Staff is available to assist your needs. Should one of your athletes need an appointment with a medical doctor while in Alliance, we ask that you allow our staff to make this appointment for you with the exception of an emergency. Please contact the AT for your sport to assist you in this process.
Our team physician and an orthopedic consultant will be in attendance at all home football games. They will be on-call for all other events. A rescue squad will be in attendance at all home football games. Emergency equipment (crutches, splints, AED) will be located on the home bench/sideline.
Our therapeutic facilities are available prior to events. The main athletic training facility for all sports is located in the MAAC adjacent to Mount Union Stadium. If your team is traveling without an AT, we ask that you contact us in advance so we can make arrangements to assist your team. We also ask that a signed, written request from your MD or AT for treatments or taping accompany your teamtraveling with athletic training students.
- UMU Student Health Center 270 E. State Street, Suite 200 - 330-823-2692
- Walgreens Pharmacy (Open 24 hours - Corner of Union/State adjacent to campus) - 330-829-3782
- MAAC Athletic Training Facility - 330-829-8193 - fax: 330-823-4896
- Wable-Harter Athletic Training Facility - 330-823-2026