INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. -- The University of Mount Union and the Greater Cleveland Sports Commisssion will host a pair of NCAA Division III Championship events -- the 2021 Indoor Track & Field Championships and the 2022 Outdoor Track & Field Championships at SPIRE Institute -- a multi-sport, recreational complex 45 minutes east of Cleveland, Ohio.
Information on the championships including ticket information will be available at http://clevelandsports.org
The 2021 NCAA Indoor Track and Field Championships are scheduled for March 12-13, 2021 while the 2022 NCAA Outdoor Track and Field Championships are slated for May 26-28, 2022.
The SPIRE Indoor Track facility 8-lane, 300-meter Beynon track, with radius used on outdoor tracks. Separate field event area with two high jump, two long jump, two pole vault pits, two shot put circles, and portable weight throw cages that does not interfere with track events.
The SPIRE Outdoor Track facility includes synthetic multi-sport, lighted field with a 9-lane, 400-meter polyurethane international track with a spectator capacity of 10,000, including 5,000 bleacher seats; 1,200 captain's chairs, press boxes, coaches boxes, luxury suites; a 2,500 seat amphitheater; and seating for 2,000 on catered patios.
Mount Union and the Greater Cleveland Sports Commission has previously hosted a pair of NCAA Outdoor Track and Field Championships at SPIRE in 2017 and 2019.
Some of the other events previously hosted at SPIRE include
- NCAA Division II Swimming & Diving National Championships
- USA Men's National Wheelchair Basketball Team vs. Cleveland Cavaliers
- NAIA Track & Field National Championships
- Horizon League Track & Field Championships
- Big 10 Indoor Track & Field Championships
- Atlantic 10 Swimming & Diving Championships
- Mid-American Conference Volleyball Championships
- Mid-American Conference Swimming & Diving Championships
- U.S. Masters Swimming Summer National Championship
- Collegiate Water Polo Association National Championships
- NCAA Division I Track & Field Invitational
- USATF Junior Olympic Zonal Meets
- USA Volleyball Junior Men's Team Training
- Penn State vs. Ohio State Men's Volleyball
As well as weekly regional events in volleyball, soccer, track & field, basketball, and baseball. These events have drawn participants from as far away as California and regularly hosts participants from Buffalo, Rochester, Detroit, Toronto, and Pittsburgh among others.