- To provide a non-contact football camp for the development of each athlete's football skills. To also provide a safe, enjoyable camp experience for all campers.
- The camps feature a low athlete to coach ratio allowing for significant 1-on-1 attention.
- Mon, June 20 - Fri, June 24
- Registration for all sessions begins at noon in the lobby of the King Residence Hall on campus.
- Camp begins at 2 pm on the first day and concludes at 11 am the final day.
HOUSING AND MEALS
- Campers will be housed two to a room within residence halls on the Mount Union campus.
- Please indicate on your application if you have a roommate preference.
- Meals for all sessions will be held in the dining facilities within the Hoover-Price Campus Center on campus.
- The dining hall is all-you-can-eat and meals begin with dinner on the first day and conclude with breakfast on the final day.
- Overnight - $395
- Commuter - $225
- Team discounts available to groups of eight or more, please call for details.
- The camp fees cover lodging, meals and a camp T-shirt for overnight campers. Commuters receive lunches and dinners along with a T-shirt.
- All registration will be done online using link http://www.campnetwork.com/Register/Register.php?camp_id=286219
Full refunds will be provided if a camper is unable to attend.
WHAT TO BRING
- Athletic clothing (shorts, t-shirt, socks, etc.)
- Molded cleats or turf shoes and tennis shoes
- NO METAL TIPPED CLEATS
- Quarterbacks, running backs and receivers are to bring a football marked with name and school
- Bed linens, blankets and fan
- Towels and toiletries
- Money to purchase pizza and drinks in evening (optional)
- Swimming suit
Larry Kehres built one of the most successful programs in college football history and the tradition continued with Vince Kehres in 2013. Over the last 30 seasons, Mount Union has won 27 Ohio Athletic Conference Championships while posting 24 undefeated regular seasons along with 12 NCAA Division III National Championships. Since 2000, the Purple Raiders have made 16 NCAA Playoff appearances while posting the most wins and best winning percentage in all of college football (230-9). The camp staff consists of Mount Union coaches along with current and former players serving as counselors.
The camps are open to all football players entering grades 1 to 10. Campers will be divided into instruction groups based on age and skill level. Younger campers will be housed together.
TYPICAL CAMP DAY
- 8 am Breakfast
- 9 am Morning Instruction
- Noon Lunch
- 2 pm Afternoon Instruction
- 5 pm Dinner7 pm 7-on-7/Recreation (commuter day ends)
- 9 pm Open Swim
- 10 pm Highlight Video
- 11 pm Lights Out
CHECK-IN: Monday, June 20 - 12 p.m.
CHECK-OUT: Friday, June 24 - 11 a.m.
The Mount Union football staff is in its 17th consecutive year of hosting residential football camps. Our camps have earned the reputation of being excellent techinque camps and well organized. Many of our campers are repeat attendees and many of our current players attend the camp.
All camp activities take place on Mount Union's beautiful 115-acre campus located on Route 62 in Alliance, Ohio. Techniques and drills specific to each campers position will be worked on by a Mount Union position coach. A major draw for these camps is the one-on-one interaction that campers get from coaches.
Camp instructional sessions are conducted on a newly installed FieldTurf surface in Mount Union Stadium or on one of the well manicured natural grass practice fields on campus. Each camper also gets access to the Gulling Training Center, a state-of-the-art training facility adjacent to Mount Union Stadium that is used for strength and conditioning for all Mount Union student-athletes.
Campers will be tested in a 40-yard dash, agility drills and vertical jump along with having their height and weight measured. Older thletes will have the opportunity to compete in 7-on-7 instructional periods. Younger athletes will enjoy recreation activities in the evening. Evening activities feature open swim, highlight videos and campers have the opportunity to buy pizza and sports drinks at the concession stand.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Phone: (330) 829-8951