ALLIANCE, Ohio -- Each week during the football season, we will give you five things to know five days before kickoff. This week the No. 1 ranked Mount Union football team travels to undefeated Baldwin Wallace in an Ohio Athletic Conference matchup Saturday in Berea.
- The game will kickoff at 2 p.m. rather than the traditional 1:30 p.m. kickoff since it is homecoming at Baldwin Wallace. Plenty to do pregame including an Alumni Tailgate ... look for the Purple tent in the parking lots adjacent to the stadium. If you can't be there, the game will be broadcast LIVE on the radio on WRMU 91.1 FM (listen) and WDPN 1310 AM (listen) while Baldwin Wallace will have a live video broadcast (click here).
- Baldwin Wallace (2-0, 1-0 OAC) opened conference play with a 33-3 win over Otterbein last week. The Yellow Jackets have scored a conference-best 96 points through two games and are sixth in the nation in first downs with 56. On the other side, Mount Union's defense has not allowed a touchdown in nine quarters dating back to the third quarter of last year's national semifinal game at UW-Oshkosh. The Purple Raiders allowed just eight first downs in their 54-0 win over Rose-Hulman two weeks ago.
- Mount Union (1-0, 0-0 OAC) enters the game with a nation's best 16-game winning streak while BW is 2-0 for the first time since 2012
- The Raiders have won 130-straight regular season road games dating back to a 21-18 loss at Baldwin Wallace on Sept. 28, 1991.
- This is the 57th meeting between the teams with Mount Union holding a 34-21-1 lead in the series that dates back to a 10-0 Mount Union win in 1896. The Raiders have won 23-straight meetings dating back to a 23-10 BW win in 1994 in Alliance.