ALLIANCE, Ohio -- Each week during the football season, we will give you five things to know five days before kickoff. This week the No. 1 ranked Mount Union football hosts Wilmington in the annual homecoming game Saturday, Oct. 6 at 1:30 p.m. at Mount Union Stadium
- The football team has won 26-straight homecoming contests dating back to a 20-20 tie with John Carroll on Oct. 12, 1991 with the last homecoming loss coming in a 28-9 defeat to Wooster on October 22, 1983. Since 1919, Mount Union has a 62-31-3 record on homecoming.
- This is the 21st meeting all-time between Mount Union and Wilmington with the Raiders holding a 20-0 advantage in the series. The series started with a 43-0 Mount victory on Nov. 9, 1968 in Wilmington and the return game on Nov. 8, 1969 was a 70-0 Raider win in Alliance. After that the teams did not play until Wilmington became a member of the OAC in 2000.
- The Raiders had 10.0 quarterback sacks last week in a 56-14 win at Otterbein last week and now lead the nation with 20 sacks on the season.
- Aside from the football game, there is a multitude of events on campus to celebrate Alumni Weekend and Homecoming. The 1977-78 men's track and field and cross country teams will be honored for the 40th anniversary of their "triple crown" sweeping Ohio Athletic Conference cross country, indoor and outdoor track and field titles. The complete schedule of events is online at https://alumni.mountunion.edu/schedule-of-events
- The game will be streamed LIVE online (pay-per-view) at https://portal.stretchinternet.com/mountunion/. The game will also be broadcast LIVE on the radio on both WDPN 1310 AM and WRMU 91.1 FM.
Get links to live stats, broadacasts at http://athletics.mountunion.edu/gameday