ALLIANCE, Ohio -- Each week during the football season, we will give you five things to know five days before kickoff. This week the No. 1 ranked Mount Union football team hosts Heidelberg in an Ohio Athletic Conference matchup Saturday, Oct. 20 at 1:30 p.m. at Mount Union Stadium.
- This is the 62nd meeting between the teams with Mount Union holding a 48-13 lead in a series that dates back to a 34-10 Raider win in 1910. Mount Union has won the last 29 meetings with Heidelberg's last win coming in 1988, 24-14 in Tiffin. A year ago, Mount Union scored on the first play of the game when D'Angelo Fulford hit Jared Ruth on a 70-yard touchdown and the Raiders were on their way to a 63-7 win. Fulford finished the day with 403 yards of total offense (341 yards passing + 62 yards rushing).
- Heidelberg senior quarterback Trace Reynolds is 13th in the nation with an average of 323.3 yards of total offense per game. At Otterbein last week, Reynolds compiled 224 yards in the air, including two passing touchdowns, and 90 yards on the ground.
- Mount Union is ninth nationally in total defense as the Raiders have held two opponents to negative rushing yards this season (Capital at minus-11 and Otterbein at minus-7).
- Calling the shots for Heidelberg's offense is former Mount Union All-American offensive lineman Jason Lewis. Lewis is in 10th year at Heidelberg and second as offensive coordinator. A 2007 Mount Union graduate, he was part of two national championship team for the Raiders.
- The game will be broadcast on television (tape delay) on both WIVM-TV Ch. 39 (Canton) and regional sports cable network SportsTime Ohio. WIVM-TV, channel 989 on Spectrum/Time Warner Cable, will show the game Saturday, Oct. 20 at 8 p.m. and Sunday, Oct. 21 at 1 p.m. while SportsTime Ohio (check local listings for channel information) will show the game Sunday, Oct. 21 at 8 p.m. and Tuesday, Oct. 23 at 12 p.m. The game will also be broadcast LIVE on the radio on both WDPN 1310 AM and WRMU 91.1 FM
Get links to live stats, broadacasts at http://athletics.mountunion.edu/gameday