ALLIANCE, Ohio -- Each week during the football season, we will give you five things to know five days before kickoff. This week the No. 1 ranked Mount Union football team travels to Ada for an Ohio Athletic Conference matchup at Ohio Northern. Kickoff is slated for 1:30 p.m. at Dial-Roberson Stadium.
- This is the 61st meeting between the teams with Mount Union holding a 46-13-1 lead in the series that dates back to a 52-0 Mount Union win on Thanksgiving Day 1907. The Raiders have won 12-straight meetings after Ohio Northern's 21-14 win in 2005 in Alliance. A year ago, Mount Union's defense forced three turnovers and scored a touchdown while holding the Polar Bears to just 214 yards in a 43-14 win.
- Ohio Northern is fourth in the OAC in total offense at 429.9 yards per game. Junior quarterback Anthony McFadden is among OAC leaders averaging 227 yards passing per game with 17 touchdowns. His top target is senior wide receiver Chad Rex is second in the conference in receiving yards and touchdowns.
- Mount Union has the OAC's top defense as the Raiders top the conference in total defense at 215.4 yards per game and scoring defense at 7.9 points per game. Junior linebacker Trey Williams leads the Raiders with 41 stops and is third in the conference with 6.5 quarterback sacks.
- Ohio Northern head coach Dean Paul is a 1990 Mount Union graduate. The Garrettsville, Ohio native and former Raider running back is veteran of the OAC football coaches as he is in his 15th season in Ada with 101 wins with the Polar Bears. On the other side, Mount Union assistant football coach Josh Colbert is a 2014 Ohio Northern grad who a captain on the football team.
- The game will be broadcast LIVE on the radio on both WDPN 1310 AM and WRMU 91.1 FM while Ohio Northern will offer a live video broadcast online of the game.
Get links to live stats, broadacasts at http://athletics.mountunion.edu/gameday