- Check back here for watch party and other information
No. 1 ranked University of Mount Union plays No. 2 ranked University of Mary Hardin-Baylor in the national championship game of the 2018 NCAA Division III Football Playoffs -- The Stagg Bowl -- Friday, Dec. 14 at 7 p.m. (eastern) at Woodforest Bank Stadium in Shenandoah, Texas.
The game will be broadcast LIVE on television on ESPNU and on the radio on WDPN 1310 AM and WRMU 91.1 FM while also simulcast online along with a LIVE STATS game tracker. You can also hear the WRMU 91.1 FM feed on any phone by calling (563) 999-3112.
Tickets are available online at https://www.etix.com/ticket/p/3187181/stagg-bowl-xlvi-ncaa-division-iii-championship-shenandoah-woodforest-bank-stadium ... Mount Union will be the visiting team.
The Purple Raiders are 14-0 overall, and won their 29th Ohio Athletic Conference title to claim one of 26 automatic bids to the tournament. Mount Union shutout Denison 60-0 in the first round, defeated Centre (Ky.) 51-35 in the second round, beat No. 22 Muhlenberg (Pa.) 38-10 in the quarterfinals and defeated No. 13 Johns Hopkins (Md.) 28-20 in the semifinals.
Mount Union has an 103-16 record in NCAA Playoff games and the Raiders have advanced to the Stagg Bowl 21 times since 1993 with a record 13 National Championships.
Mount Union is in the tournament for a record 30th time and for the 27th straight year while currently holding the nation's longest win streak at 29 games.
Mary Hardin-Baylor is 14-0 and won the American Southwest Conference title to get in the tournament. The Crusaders beat Hardin-Simons (Texas) 27-6 in the first round, Berry (Ga.) 75-9 in the second round, No. 4 St. John's (Minn.) 21-18 in the quarterfinals and a 31-14 win over Wisconsin-Whitewater in the semifinals.
In just its 21st season of football, Mary Hardin-Baylor is in the tournament for a 17th time with a record of 40-15. The Crusaders won the 2016 national title and are making their fourth Stagg Bowl appearance.
Both teams are the only two Division III programs in the country to win at least one playoff game in each of the last 14 seasons.
This will be the fifth all-time meeting between the teams after a four memorable NCAA playoff meetings.
- In the 2004 semifinals, Mary Hardin-Baylor rallied from a 35-21 deficit in the fourth quarter to win 38-35 at Mount Union Stadium.
- In the 2012 semifinals, Mount Union scored 34 points in the fourth quarter to rally from being down 28-14 and won 48-35 at Mount Union Stadium.
- In the 2016 semifinals, Mary Hardin-Baylor survived a fourth quarter rally from the Raiders to win 14-12 at Crusader Stadium in Texas.
- In the 2017 Stagg Bowl, Mount Union posted the first shutout in the national title game since 1982 with a 12-0 win over Mary Hardin-Baylor at Salem Stadium in Salem, Va.