ALLIANCE, Ohio -- Each week during the football season, we will give you five things to know five days before kickoff. This week, No. 2 ranked Mount Union takes on Heidelberg in an Ohio Athletic Conference matchup Saturday, Oct. 26 at 1:30 p.m. at Hoernemann Stadium in Tiffin.
- The Series: This is the 63rd meeting between the teams with Mount Union holding a 49-13 lead in a series that dates back to a 34-10 Raider win in 1910. Mount Union has won the last 30 meetings with Heidelberg's last win coming in 1988, 24-14 in Tiffin.
- High Octane: Heidelberg and Mount Union are second and third in NCAA Division III in total offense averaging 556.8 and 552.3 respectively.
- Connections: Calling the shots for Heidelberg's offense is former Mount Union All-American offensive lineman Jason Lewis. Lewis is in 11th year at Heidelberg and third as offensive coordinator. A 2007 Mount Union graduate, he was part of two national championship teams for the Raiders and a teammate of both Mount Union offensive coordinator Geoff Dartt, defensive coordinator Chris Kappas and defensive backs coach Daryl Ely. Also former Mount Union defensive lineman Adam Mihoci is Heidelberg's defensive line coach.
- Just for Kicks: Mount Union seniors Cory Barnett (Grove City / Teays Valley) and Max Righetti (Salem) combined to match an NCAA Division III record with six made field goals against Capital last week. It matches a record that former Raiders Ed Ruhnke and Jefferson Lee have as they combined to kick six field goals against Wilmington in 2014.
- Hill Climbing: Mount Union senior Justin Hill (Circleville) caught three touchdowns last week which moved him into second all-time at Mount Union with 53 career TD grabs. Hill now is just 10 behind the school's all-time leader -- Cecil Shorts III, who had 63 touchdown catches from 2007-10 before a six-year NFL career.
Links for all are available at athletics.mountunion.edu/gameday