ALLIANCE, Ohio -- Each week during the football season, we will give you five things to know five days before kickoff. This week, No. 2 ranked Mount Union takes on Ohio Northern in an Ohio Athletic Conference matchup Saturday, Nov. 2 at 1:30 p.m. at Mount Union Stadium.
- The Series: This is the 62nd meeting between the teams with Mount Union holding a 47-13-1 lead in the series that dates back to a 52-0 Mount Union win on Thanksgiving Day 1907. The Raiders have won 13-straight meetings after Ohio Northern's 21-14 win in 2005 in Alliance. A year ago, D'Angelo Fulford (Miramar, Fla.) completed 18-of-21 passes for 332 yards with seven touchdown passes in a 55-24 Mount Union win in Ada.
- Bear With Us: Ohio Northern head coach Dean Paul is a 1990 Mount Union graduate. The Garrettsville, Ohio native and former Raider running back is the veteran among the current OAC football coaches as he is in his 16th season in Ada with 105 wins with the Polar Bears.
- Run Josh Run: Mount Union running back Josh Petruccelli (Perry) had a 194 yards rushing on a career-high 41 carries last week at Heidelberg. The 41 carries are tied for the sixth highest total in a single game all time at Mount Union. Two former Raiders hold the record of 49 carries in a game as Mike DiBlasi did it against John Carroll in 1970 and Dan Pugh did it in the Stagg Bowl against Trinity (Texas) in 2002.
- Ground Game: This week's game features a match-up between OAC's leading rusher in Ohio Northern's Christiaan Williams at 145.1 yards per game and the Mount Union defense which is No. 1 in the OAC against the run allowing only 74.6 yards per game. Williams is sixth in NCAA Division III in rushing and one of six to have already rushed for over 1,000 yards this season.
- Keeping Score: Mount Union leads NCAA Division III in both in scoring offense averaging 51.7 points per game and scoring defense allowing opponents just 5.9 points per game.
Links for all are available at athletics.mountunion.edu/gameday