ALLIANCE, Ohio -- Each week during the football season, we will give you five things to know five days before kickoff. This week, No. 2 ranked Mount Union plays at Marietta in an Ohio Athletic Conference matchup Saturday, Nov. 16 at 1:30 p.m. at Don Drumm Stadium.
- The Series: This is the 58th meeting between the teams with Mount Union holding a 48-8-1 lead in the series dating back to a 20-0 Mount Union win on September 23, 1933 in Alliance. The teams have met every year since 1981 and Mount Union has won all 38 of those meetings. The last Pioneer win was a 20-6 decision in 1977 in Marietta. A year ago, Mount Union scored three defensive touchdowns in a 49-7 win.
- Three is a Charm: Mount Union running back Josh Petruccelli (Perry) had 125 yards rushing on nine carries last week for his third straight and seventh 100-yard rushing performance of the season. Petruccelli now has 1,066 yards for the season and is the first Mount Union running back since Nate Kmic (2005-08) to rush for over 1,000 yards in each of his first three seasons.
- Passing Fancy: Mount Union leads the OAC in passing yards averaging 301.2 yards per game. The Raiders lead the nation completing 71.8-percent of its passes which would be third-best in a single season at Mount Union. The Mount Union single season record for completion percentage is 74.8 which came in 2008 while the 2007 team completed 73.2 percent of its passes.
- Titletown: The win last week allowed Mount Union to clinch at least a share of its record 30th OAC football title. Mount Union won its first conference title in 1985 meaning the Raiders have claimed title in 30 of the last 35 seasons. The title also earns the Raiders the automatic bid to the NCAA Division III playoffs. It will be Mount Union's 31st NCAA playoff appearance.
- Road to Shenandoah: The bracket for the 2019 NCAA Division III Football Playoffs will be unveiled Sunday, Nov. 17 at 5:30 p.m. on an online selection show at ncaa.com. First round playoff games are Saturday, Nov. 23 on campus sites at noon local time. The championship game -- the Amos Alonzo Stagg Bowl -- will be played Friday, Dec. 20 at 8 p.m. (eastern) at Woodforest Bank Stadium in Shenandoah, Texas.
Links for all are available at athletics.mountunion.edu/gameday