Mount Union in the NFL
Jim Ballard, QB
- On the roster of the Cincinnati Bengals in 1994 and on the roster of the Buffalo Bills in 1997 and 1998
- Enters 28th season as an NFL coach in 2013 and he is in his fourth season as defensive coordinator of the Green Bay Packers. The Packers won Super Bowl XLV. He has worked for seven different NFL teams including being the first head coach of the Carolina Panthers and was also the head coach of the Houston Texans.
- On the practice squad of the Cleveland Browns. Was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Miami Dolphins in Spring of 2013, went to training camp with Dolphins and was cut on July 31. Signed by Browns on September 1.
Wilmer Flemming, HB
- Played in one game for the Canton Bulldogs in 1925
Pierre Garcon, WR
- Drafted in the sixth round (205 overall) by the Indianapolis Colts in 2008 ... Appeared in 14 games in 2008 and had four catches for 23 yards, 22 kick returns for 475 yards and nine tackles ... In 2009, played in 17 and started 16 games including Super Bowl XLIV ... had 68 catches for 1,039 yards and six touchdowns ... In the AFC Championship game against the NY Jets had 11 catches for 151 yards which was the third-best post-game season total in team history ... Had a 19-yard touchdown catch from Peyton Manning in Super Bowl XLIV. ... In 2010, played in 14 regular season games and had 67 catches for 784 yards and six touchdowns ... In the AFC wild card game against NY Jets he had five catches for 112 yards and a touchdown ... In 2011, Garcon played in 16 games with career highs in catches (70) and yards (947). After the season, he signed a free agent contract with the Washington Redskins. In 2012, he played in 10 games and caught 67 passes for 633 yards with four touchdowns ... He had four catches for 109 yards including an 88-yard touchdown catch, which was the first regular season touchdown pass for eventual rookie of the year Robert Griffin III.
Chris Kern, DB
- Played in two games for the Detroit Lions in 2004
- Spent 18 seasons as an NFL assistant coach serving as defensive coordinator of the San Diego Chargers, Cincinnati Bengals and Washington Redskins. Also was secondary coach for the New England Patriots, Oakland Raiders and San Francisco 49ers. In 2008, he went to Stanford University and served two seasons as defensive coordinator and assistant head coach. In 2010, he became the director of player development at Stanford.
Vince Marotta, B
- Drafted in the 26th round (236 overall) by the New York Giants in 1948
- In 2011, Miller was among the final cuts in training camp for the Jacksonville Jaguars. In the spring of 2012, he was signed to the Indianapolis Colts practice squad and was called up for a game and played against the New England Patriots on November 18. When the Colts tried to put him back on their practice squad after the game, the Miami Dolphins claimed him and he spent of the rest of last season on their roster. He was in training camp this year with the Dolphins, caught a touchdown pass against the Dalas Cowboys in the Hall of Fame game in Canton, was cut this past Saturday then resigned Monday (Sept. 2) to the Dolphins practice squad.
Cecil Shorts III
- Drafted in the fourth round (114 overall) by the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2011 ... Played in 10 games as a rookie with two catches, four kickoff returns and 12 punt returns. In 2012, he played in 14 games with 55 catches for 979 yards and seven touchdowns ... had eight catches for 166 yards at Green Bay.
- Sirianni enters his third season as an assistant coach with the Kansas City Chiefs and first as wide receivers coach. The 2003 Mount Union grad spent two seasons as an assistant with the Purple Raiders and three seasons as an assistant at Indiana (Pa.).
Scott Woolf, QB
- Played in one game for the Los Angeles Raiders in 1987
Corl Zimmerman, OL
- Played in 13 games and started seven for the Dayton Triangles between 1927-1929