Mount Union's men basketball team finish fifth in final D3hoops.com men's Top 25 Poll receiving three first place votes.
On the season, there were eight records broken by the Purple Raiders.
- 19-straight wins which broke the record of 16-straight by the 1996-97 team.
- Highest ever national ranking in the D3Hoops.com Top-25 Poll with the final poll position of No. 5.
- Wins in a season with 27 breaking the previous record from 1996-97 team with 25.
- 922 made field goals breaking the previous record of 920 made by the 1977-78 season.
- Sophmore Collen Gurley (Akron / Hoban) made 100 threes with the previous record being 87 in a season. Gurley also broke the school record for threes made in a game with 11 against Cairn in the first round of the NCAA Tournament.
- Senior Nathan Bower-Malone (Stow) scored the most points in a single game for Mount Union with 53 points against York (Pa.) a record that stood for 64 years by Don Talbert scoring 41 against Kenyon in 1955-56 and played a record 110 games and started 109.
- The Raiders were just the fifth team in the last 40 years to go 17-1 in the regular season in the OAC on their way to winning the conference title by three games.
- Mount Union also won the OAC Tournament and if you count those three wins, the Raiders went 20-1 against OAC teams.
- It was Mount Union's third-ever NCAA Tournament appearance and this team like the other two advanced to the Sweet 16
The Raiders graduate six seniors in Bower-Malone, John Carroll (Massillon / Tuslaw), Marcus Day (Winchester / Eastern Brown), D'Vontay Friga (Cuyahoga Falls), Mo Johnson (Euclid / Villa Angela Saint Joseph) and Tanner Slack (New Concord / John Glenn).
D3hoops.com men's Top 25, final
Through end of 2019-2020 season, which was truncated due to the spread of COVID-19:
|#||School (No. 1 votes)||W-L||Pts.|
|2||St. John's (1)||27-2||589|
|4||St. Thomas (1)||26-3||546|
|5||Mount Union (3)||27-3||545|
|6||North Central (Ill.)||23-5||455|
|24||St. Joseph (Conn.)||26-3||79|
Dropped out: No. 19 Virginia Wesleyan; No. 22 St. Norbert; No. 23 UW-La Crosse; No. 25 York (Pa.)
Others receiving votes: St. Norbert 52; York (Pa.) 51; Virginia Wesleyan 28; UW-La Crosse 19; Centre 15; RPI 11; UW-Eau Claire 10; Ithaca 8; Penn State-Harrisburg 7; Illinois Wesleyan 6; Texas-Dallas 5; TCNJ 3; Babson 1; Susquehanna 1; WPI 1.
The D3hoops.com Top 25 is voted on by a panel of 25 coaches, Sports Information Directors and media members from across the country, and is published weekly. Points are awarded on a 25-24-23-22-etc. basis.