HILTON HEAD, S.C. -- The Mount Union men's tennis team opened its spring trip with a 9-0 win over Nebraska Wesleyan University Sunday evening in Hilton Head.
Mount Union improves to 4-1 on the season, while Nebraska Wesleyan falls to 1-6.
The Purple Raiders dominated Nebraska Wesleyan in both singles and doubles play, ultimately shutting out its opponent to earn their fourth win of the season. Sophomore Matt Bringman (Strongsville/Strongsville) beat Christian Cannon in singles position six, 6-0 and 6-1, while he and freshman Zach Teffner (Cortland/Lakeview) beat Nathan Seaton and Jordan Pieper 8-1 in doubles action.
Mount Union next plays Randolph College on Tuesday, March 7 at 12:30 p.m. at a neutral site in Hilton Head, S.C.
Tennis Match Results: Mount Union vs Nebraska Wesleyan University
Mount Union 9, Nebraska Wesleyan University 0
1. Rob DeMarco (MTU) def. Pedro Bethlem (NWU) 6-2, 6-3
2. Jackson Schneider (MTU) def. Adam Olson (NWU) 6-1, 6-0
3. Jeff Williams (MTU) def. Gabriel Sellmer (NWU) 6-1, 6-0
4. Robert Cross (MTU) def. Hale Breit (NWU) 6-3, 6-2
5. Zach Teffner (MTU) def. Matheus Bustamante (NWU) 7-5, 6-3
6. Matt Bringman (MTU) def. Christian Cannon (NWU) 6-0, 6-1
1. Rob DeMarco/Jackson Schneider (MTU) def. Pedro Bethlem/Matheus Bustamante (NWU) 8-1
2. Jeff Williams/Robert Cross (MTU) def. Adam Olson/Hale Breit (NWU) 8-4
3. Zach Teffner/Matt Bringman (MTU) def. Nathan Seaton/Jordan Pieper (NWU) 8-1