HILTON HEAD, S.C. -- The Mount Union's men's tennis team beat Randolph College (Va.) 8-1 to earn its second win of its spring trip in Hilton Head, S.C. Tuesday afternoon.
The Purple Raiders advance to 5-1 on the season, while Randolph falls to 4-2.
Mount Union shut Randolph out in singles play to earn six of the team's eight points. Senior Rob DeMarco (North Canton/Hoover) and junior Jackson Schneider (Oregon, Wisc./Oregon) earned a point after beating Randolph's Bradley Strober and Doug Corbett in doubles position one, while sophomore Matt Bringman and freshman Zach Teffner (Cortland/Lakeview) also earned a point for the Raiders in doubles position three.
The Raiders play again on Wednesday, March 8 at 2:30 p.m. against St. John Fisher (N.Y.) in Hilton Head.
Tennis Match Results: Mount Union vs Randolph, Mar 07, 2017 at Hilton Head Island, SC
Mount Union 8, Randolph 1
1. Rob DeMarco (MTU) def. Bradley Strober (RANDM) 6-4, 6-0
2. Jackson Schneider (MTU) def. JT von Seggern (RANDM) 6-3, 7-5
3. Jeff Williams (MTU) def. Trevor Johnson (RANDM) 6-1, 6-2
4. Robert Cross (MTU) def. Doug Corbett (RANDM) 6-0, 6-4
5. Zach Teffner (MTU) def. Tuan Tran (RANDM) 7-6, 1-6, 1-0
6. Matt Bringman (MTU) def. Joe Kaneda (RANDM) 6-2, 6-4
1. Rob DeMarco/Jackson Schneider (MTU) def. Bradley Strober/Doug Corbett (RANDM) 8-4
2. JT von Seggern/Kyle Unruh (RANDM) def. Robert Cross/Jeff Williams (MTU) 8-5
3. Matt Bringman/Zach Teffner (MTU) def. Trevor Johnson/Tuan Tran (RANDM) 8-2
Notes: Randolph 4-2, Mount Union 5-1