HILTON HEAD, S.C. -- The Mount Union men's tennis team fell to Wilkes College (Pa.) 6-3 Thursday evening in Hilton Head.
Senior Jeff Williams (Cleveland Heights/Lakewood St. Edward) earned two of the Purple Raiders' (6-2) three points after defeating Wilkes' Adam Lefkandinos in singles position three (6-4, 0-6, 13-11). He and freshman Robert Cross (North Canton/Hoover) beat Lefkandinos and Andrew Neidig in second position doubles to earn a second point for the Raiders.
Mount Union plays North Carolina Wesleyan University on Friday, March 10 at 11:30 a.m. in Hilton Head, S.C.
Tennis Match Results
Wilkes College (Pa.) vs Mount Union, Mar 10, 2017 at Hilton Head, S.C.
Wilkes College (Pa.) 6, Mount Union 3
1. Courtney Murphy (WILK) def. Rob DeMarco (MTUM) 6-1, 6-4
2. Artyom Nabokin (WILK) def. Jackson Schneider (MTUM) 7-5, 7-6
3. Jeff Williams (MTUM) def. Adam Lefkandinos (WILK) 6-4, 0-6, 13-11
4. Jonathan White (WILK) def. Zach Teffner (MTUM) 6-4, 6-1
5. Troy Haas (WILK) def. Matt Bringman (MTUM) 6-4, 6-2
6. Braddock Chow (WILK) def. Tyler Tareshawty (MTUM) 6-2, 6-2
1. Rob DeMarco/Jackson Schneider (MTUM) def. Courtney Murphy/Jonathan White (WILK) 8-6
2. Jeff Williams/Robert Cross (MTUM) def. Adam Lefkandinos/Andrew Neidig (WILK) 9-7
3. Artyom Nabokin/Troy Haas (WILK) def. Matt Bringman/Zach Teffner (MTUM) 8-4