MARIETTA, Ohio -- Mount Union's men's tennis team swept Marietta 9-0 in an Ohio Athletic Conference match Saturday in Marietta.
The Purple Raiders have now posted back-to-back shutout wins and are 8-4 overall and 2-1 in the OAC while Marietta falls to 6-8 and 1-2 in the OAC.
Mount Union returns home for a match Wednesday, April 10 at 3:30 p.m. against John Carroll at the Whitehill Courts on campus.
Tennis Match Results
Mount Union vs Marietta
04/06/2019 at Marietta, Ohio
Mount Union 9, Marietta 0
1. Robert Cross (MTU) def. Shane Spencer (MAR-M) 6-1, 6-0
2. Zach Teffner (MTU) def. Jack Hirschfield (MAR-M) 6-3, 6-2
3. Antonio Massucci (MTU) def. Eric DeLong (MAR-M) 6-3, 6-4
4. Justin Kelley (MTU) def. Will Watson (MAR-M) 6-0, 6-0
5. Jacob Barton (MTU) def. Hanyang Zhang (MAR-M) 6-4, 7-6
6. Tyler Tareshawty (MTU) def. Calen Garner (MAR-M) 6-0, 6-0
1. Robert Cross/Zach Teffner (MTU) def. Jack Hirschfield/Shane Spencer (MAR-M) 8-2
2. Justin Kelley/Antonio Massucci (MTU) def. Eric DeLong/Hanyang Zhang (MAR-M) 8-1
3. Jacob Barton/Scott Fletcher (MTU) def. Calen Garner/Will Watson (MAR-M) 8-1
Marietta 6-8, 1-2 OAC
Mount Union 8-4, 2-1 OAC