ALLIANCE, Ohio -- Mount Union's men's tennis team saw its win streak end at two matches with an 8-1 loss to John Carroll in an Ohio Athletic Conference match Wednesday in Alliance.
The Purple Raiders are now 8-5 overall and 2-2 in the OAC while John Carroll is now 3-9 overall but 3-0 in the conference.
Mount Union's point came at No. 1 singles as Robert Cross (North Canton / Hoover) scored a 6-3, 6-0 win over David Sinense.
The Raiders fell behind early getting swept in doubles but Mount Union suffered a tie-break loss at the No. 1 position from Cross and Zach Teffner (Cortland / Lakeview) and an 8-6 loss at No. 2 posision from Justin Kelley (Uniontown / Lake) and Antonio Massucci (Ashtabula / St. John).
Mount Union returns to action Saturday, Apr. 13 at 1 p.m. at Heidelberg in Tiffin.
Tennis Match Results
John Carroll vs Mount Union
Apr 10, 2019 at Alliance, Ohio
John Carroll 8, Mount Union 1
1. Robert Cross (MTU) def. David Sinense (JCU) 6-3, 6-0
2. Andy Siciliano (JCU) def. Zach Teffner (MTU) 6-2, 6-2
3. Gustavo Garcia (JCU) def. Antonio Massucci (MTU) 6-3, 6-4
4. Adi Jha (JCU) def. Justin Kelley (MTU) 6-2, 6-0
5. Andrew Triner (JCU) def. Jacob Barton (MTU) 6-4, 7-6
6. Doug Moore (JCU) def. Tyler Tareshawty (MTU) 6-1, 6-1
1. Andy Siciliano/David Sinense (JCU) def. Robert Cross/Zach Teffner (MTU) 8-7
2. Gustavo Garcia/Andrew Triner (JCU) def. Justin Kelley/Antonio Massucci (MTU) 8-6
3. Adi Jha/Parker Holyn (JCU) def. Jacob Barton/Scott Fletcher (MTU) 8-1
Mount Union 8-5, 2-2 OAC
John Carroll 3-9, 3-0 OAC