MIAMISBURG, Ohio -- No. 4 seed Mount Union was defeated by No. 1 seed John Carroll, 5-1 in the semifinals of the 2019 Ohio Athletic Conference Men's Tennis Tournament Friday at the South Regency Racquet Club in Miamisburg.
Weather moved the match from the Lindner Tennis Center in Mason indoors and John Carroll (8-9) swept through the three doubles matches and closed out the match with wins at No. 1 and No. 3 singles.
The Purple Raiders, who finish their season with an 11-7 record, avoided the shutout with a win at No. 2 singles by Zach Teffner (Cortland / Lakeview).
John Carroll advances to Saturday's title match against No. 3 seed Ohio Northern, a 5-0 winner over No. 2 seed Otterbein in the other semifinal.
Tennis Match Results
Mount Union vs John Carroll
May 3, 2019 at Miamisburg, Ohio
John Carroll 5, Mount Union 1
1. Andy Siciliano (JCU-M) def. Robert Cross (MTU) 7-5, 4-6, 6-3
2. Zach Teffner (MTU) def. David Sinense (JCU-M) 7-5, 1-6, 6-1
3. Gustavo Garcia (JCU-M) def. Antonio Massucci (MTU) 6-4, 6-3
4. Adi Jha (JCU-M) vs. Justin Kelley (MTU) 7-6, unfinished
5. Andrew Triner (JCU-M) vs. Jacob Barton (MTU) 6-3, 1-0, unfinished
6. Doug Moore (JCU-M) vs. Tyler Tareshawty (MTU) 1-2, unfinished
1. Andy Siciliano/David Sinense (JCU-M) def. Robert Cross/Zach Teffner (MTU) 8-4
2. Andrew Triner/Gustavo Garcia (JCU-M) def. Antonio Massucci/Justin Kelley (MTU) 8-6
3. Adi Jha/Parker Holyn (JCU-M) def. Jacob Barton/Scott Fletcher (MTU) 8-3
John Carroll 8-9
Mount Union 11-7
Official: Wendell Burns T-3:54 A-55