ADA, Ohio -- Mount Union freshman Mason Plant (Shreve/Triway) posted an NCAA provisional mark in the 60 meter hurdles at the NCAA Last Chance Qualifer Saturday at Ohio Northern University.
Plant, who earned All-OAC honors in the 55 meter hurdles last week, had a season-best time of 8.18 in the 60 meter event -- which is the NCAA Championship distance.
He is currently ranked 12th in the nation and the top 15 times in the nation advance to next week's NCAA Division III Championships at North Central College in Naperville, Illinois. The enteries will be posted 9 a.m. Monday morning (March 6).
The Purple Raiders, who are ranked No. 14 in the nation, potentially have six males in the championship meet in five events.
- Louis Berry (Pittsburgh, Pa./Shady Side Academy) is ranked No. 9 in the 60 meter dash at 6.87 (converted from 55 meter time)
- AJ Digby (Tontogany/Ostego) is No. 7 in the 400 meters at 48.72
- Tyler Neff (Navarre/Fairless) is No. 9 in the 400 meters at 48.85 (converted from oversized track)
- Connor Troyer (Sugarcreek/Garaway) is No 5 in the 60 meter hurdles at 8.07
- Digby, Neff, Troyer and Clark Etzler (Elida/Elida) are No. 10 in the 4x400 meter relay at 3:19.16 (top 12 relay teams qualify)
- Zack Wukotich (Salem/Salem) is 13th in the high jump at 6-9.
On the women's side, three Mount Union athletes are in the mix as the top 17 women and top 12 relay teams advance.
- Daijana Johnson (Alliance/Alliance) is No. 10 in the 60 meters at 7.75 (converted from 55 meter time)
- Katie Goedecke (Cuyahoga Falls/Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary) is No. 16 at 7.79 (converted from 55 meter time)
- Rachel Adams (Louisville/St. Thomas Aquinas) is No. 12 in the 200 meters at 25.38