Mount Union plays Aurora (Ill.) in the first round of the NCAA Division III Softball Championship Thursday, May 9 at noon at Trine (Ind.) University in Angola, Indiana.
The Purple Raiders (25-11) won the Ohio Athletic Conference Tournament championship to claim the conference's automatic bid to make its seventh NCAA Tournament appearance -- first since 2008.
Aurora, located in Aurora, Ill., is 37-6 overall and earned one of 19-national at-large as the Spartans lost 1-0 to Benedictine (Ill.) in the title game of the Northern Athletics Conference Tournament. Aurora is making its 14th NCAA Tournament appearance.
The rest of the regional includes No. 2 seed and OAC regular season champion Capital vs. #7 seed and President's Athletic Conference champion Thomas More (Ky.) and fellow OAC member and at-large selection John Carroll vs. North Coast Athletic Conference champion and No. 6 seed Allegheny (Pa.).
The eight-team double elimination regional begins play on Thursday and the winner of the Mount Union - Aurora game takes on the winner of a matchup between top-seeded Trine and No. 8 Anderson (Ind.) on Friday at 2 pm while the losers of the two first round games play Friday at 10 am.
The winner of the regional joins the winner from seven other regionals next weekend at the national finals on the campus of the University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire in Eau Claire, Wisconsin.
2013 NCAA Division III Softball Championship
Thursday, May 9
- Game 1: #1 Trine (Ind.) vs. #8 Anderson (Ind.), 10 am
- Game 2: #4 Aurora (Ill.) vs. Mount Union, 12 pm
- Game 3: #3 John Carroll vs. #6 Allegheny (Pa.), 2 pm
- Game 4: #2 Capital vs. #7 Thomas More (Ky.), 4 pm
Friday, May 10
- Game 5: Loser Game 1 vs. Loser Game 2, 10 am
- Game 6: Loser Game 3 vs. Loser Game 4, 12 pm
- Game 7: Winner Game 1 vs. Winner Game 2, 2 pm
- Game 8: Winner Game 3 vs. Winner Game 4, 4 pm
Saturday, May 11
- Game 9: Winner Game 6 vs. Loser Game 7, 10 am
- Game 10: Winner Game 5 vs. Loser Game 8, 12 pm
- Game 11: Winner Game 7 vs. Winner Game 8, 2 pm
- Game 12: Winner Game 10 vs. Winner Game 11, 4 pm
Sunday, May 12
- Game 13: Winner Game 12 vs. Loser Game 11, 12 pm
- Game 14: Winner Game 11 vs. Winner Game 13, 2 pm
Monday, May 13
- Game 15 (If Necessary): Winner Game 11 vs. Winner Game 13, 10 am
Tickets are general admission and available at the gate
- All-Session Adult pass: $15
- All-Session Seniors over 65 and children under 12: $6
- All-Session Student (with ID): $6
- Single-Day Adult: $5
- Single-Day Seniors over 65 and children under 12: $2
- Single-Day Student (with ID): $2
- Children age 2 and under are admitted free with a paying adult.
- No complimentary passes or pass lists will be accepted
- Spectators must keep their ticket for re-entry upon leaving the facility.