Mount Union won two of three doubles points before taking the first three singles points to bring a halt to the match. Junior Courtney Adamsky (New Philadelphia/New Philadelphia) was the only Raider with two wins in the match. Adamsky teamed with freshman Taylor Dowling (Canton/Jackson) for an 8-4 win at No. 3 doubles before beating Whitney Yoder, 6-1, 6-4, at No. 5 singles.
Mount Union returns to action on Friday when they play Ohio Northern in the semifinals of the OAC Tournament at the Lindner Family Tennis Center in Mason, Ohio.
Tennis Match Results
Baldwin-Wallace vs Mount Union
May 01, 2012 at Alliance, Ohio
Mount Union 5, Baldwin-Wallace 1
1. Krissy Hallett (MTU) vs. Jenny Greene (BW-W) 4-6, 1-3, unfinished
2. Mandy Wise (MTU) vs. Rebecca Mittler (BW-W) 6-5, unfinished
3. Hannah Arvidson (MTU) def. Morgan Baker (BW-W) 6-3, 6-2
4. Megan Czuchra (MTU) vs. Danielle Rueger (BW-W) 4-6, 2-2, unfinished
5. Courtney Adamsky (MTU) def. Whitney Yoder (BW-W) 6-1, 6-4
6. MacKenzie Jenkins (MTU) def. Rachel Bertrand (BW-W) 6-1, 6-0
1. Krissy Hallett/Megan Czuchra (MTU) def. Rebecca Mittler/Morgan Baker (BW-W) 8-1
2. Jenny Greene/Danielle Rueger (BW-W) def. Mandy Wise/Hannah Arvidson (MTU) 8-4
3. Courtney Adamsky/Taylor Dowling (MTU) def. Whitney Yoder/Emily Brown (BW-W) 8-4
Mount Union 13-6