March 15, 2013
Women's Tennis Falls In Last Match Of Spring Trip
HILTON HEAD, S.C. - - Mount Union's women's tennis team fell to Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute 9-0 Friday morning in Hilton Head, South Carolina.
With the victory, R.P.I improves to 7-2 overall while Mount Union falls to 6-3.
The Raiders had a tough time against the Engineers as they lost every match in straight sets.
Sophomore Mandy Wise (North Canton/Hoover) forced a tie-break in the second set in the no. 2 singles match but ended up falling 6-4, 7-6 (7-4).
Senior Courtney Adamsky (New Philadelphia/New Philadelphia) and junior Megan Czuchra (Mantua/Crestwood) forced a tie-break in the no. 2 doubles match but fell 9-8 (7-2).
Mount Union returns home to face Ohio Wesleyan Wednesday at 3:30 p.m.
Tennis Match Results
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institu vs Mount Union
Mar 15, 2013 at Hilton Head, S.C.
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institu 9, Mount Union 0
2. Emily Laurillard (RPI) def. Mandy Wise (MTU) 6-4, 7-6
3. Amanda Alexander (RPI) def. Megan Czuchra (MTU) 6-3, 6-2
4. Jessica Buckley (RPI) def. Courtney Adamsky (MTU) 6-0, 6-2
1. Casey Olsen/Amanda Alexander (RPI) def. MacKenzie Jenkins/Mandy Wise (MTU) 8-3
2. Jessica Buckley/Emily Laurillard (RPI) def. Megan Czuchra/Courtney Adamsky (MTU) 9-8
3. Christina Ciamarra/Kelsey Ham (RPI) def. Lauren Olivier/Taylor Dowling
Mount Union 6-3
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institu 7-2