ALLIANCE, Ohio—The Mount Union women's tennis team dropped a 5-4 Ohio Athletic Conference matchup to Baldwin Wallace on Saturday Afternoon in Alliance.
The Purple Raiders, now 7-4, 0-1 OAC, led 2-1 coming out of doubles play. The No. 2 team of Alix Stein and Christina Nelson (Aurora/Aurora) and the No. 3 team of Kayla Johnston (Ashtabula/Lakeside) and Ashley Gran (Ashtabula/Lakeside) each earned a point to give Mount Union the lead.
In singles play, Stein rebounded after dropping the second set to earn a three set victory for the Raiders at No. 5 singles.
Baldwin Wallace improves to 7-5, 1-0 OAC.
Mount Union is back in action next Saturday, April 2nd, when they host Heidelberg for a OAC contest. The match is scheduled for 1:00 p.m.
Tennis Match Results
Baldwin Wallace vs Mount Union
Mar 25, 2016 at WTC--Alliance, Ohio
Baldwin Wallace 5, Mount Union 4
1. Kelsey Blatt (BW-W) def. Gretchen Groves (MTU) 6-4, 6-4
2. Imani Robinson (BW-W) def. Megan Reichert (MTU) 6-2, 6-2
3. Kayla Johnston (MTU) def. Claire Watts (BW-W) 6-2, 6-3
4. Mackenzie Donalson (BW-W) def. Christina Nelson (MTU) 6-4, 6-2
5. Alix Stein (MTU) def. Kelly Peskura (BW-W) 6-0, 4-6, 6-2
6. Shannon Finkenthal (BW-W) def. Anna Nelson (MTU) 7-6, 7-6
1. Kelsey Blatt/Imani Robinson (BW-W) def. Gretchen Groves/Megan Reichert (MTU) 8-4
2. Alix Stein/Christina Nelson (MTU) def. Claire Watts/Mackenzie Donalson (BW-W) 8-6
3. Kayla Johnston/Ashley Gran (MTU) def. Kathleen Moser/Shannon Finkenthal (BW-W) 8-5
Mount Union 7-4
Baldwin Wallace 7-5