UNIVERSITY HEIGHTS, Ohio -- The Mount Union women's tennis team fell to John Carroll University in an Ohio Athletic Conference match on Friday afternoon in University Heights, 9-0.
Mount Union drops to 9-5 overall and 4-2 in the OAC, while John Carroll improves to 9-9 and 4-0 in conference play.
Junior Kayla Johnston (Ashtabula/Lakeside) put up a fight against John Carroll's Katherine Devine in fourth position singles, but fell by two scores of 6-3.
The Purple Raiders travel to Westerville, Ohio to play Otterbein University in an OAC match on Saturday, April 22 at 1 p.m.
Tennis Match Results: Mount Union vs John Carroll University, Apr 21, 2017 at John Carroll University
John Carroll University 9, Mount Union 0
1. Lauren O'Malley (JCUW) def. Gretchen Groves (MTUW) 6-1, 6-0
2. Madisyn Rini (JCUW) def. Jordan Teaford (MTUW) 6-1, 6-4
3. Nicolette Bourlas (JCUW) def. Alix Stein (MTUW) 6-1, 6-1
4. Katherine Devine (JCUW) def. Kayla Johnston (MTUW) 6-3, 6-3
5. Jennifer Stroyne (JCUW) def. Anna Nelson (MTUW) 6-1, 6-3
6. Molly Traverso (JCUW) def. Megan Marsh (MTUW) 6-0, 6-0
1. Lauren O'Malley/Madisyn Rini (JCUW) def. Gretchen Groves/Alix Stein (MTUW) 8-1
2. Natalie Bourlas/Nicolette Bourlas (JCUW) def. Kayla Johnston/Jordan Teaford (MTUW) 8-2
3. Jennifer Stroyne/Carlye Campagna (JCUW) def. Anna Nelson/Ashley Gran (MTUW) 8-3
Notes: John Carroll University 9-9, 4-0 OAC; Mount Union 9-5, 4-2 OACMake-up match