WESTERVILLE, Ohio -- The Mount Union women's tennis team defeated Otterbein University in an Ohio Athletic Conference match Saturday afternoon at Otterbein, 5-4.
The Purple Raiders improve to 10-5 overall and 5-2 in the OAC, while Otterbein falls to 11-5 and 4-3 in conference play.
Mount Union's Gretchen Groves (Louisville/Louisville) earned two points for the Raiders after defeating Otterbein's Rylie Markle in first position singles (4-6, 6-2, 6-4). She and senior Alix Stein (New Philadelphia/New Philadelphia) defeated Markle and Makayla Sutter 8-4 in first position doubles.
The Raiders travel to Tiffin, Ohio for an OAC match against Heidelberg University on Monday, April 24 at 3:30 p.m.
Tennis Match Results: Mount Union vs Otterbein, Apr 22, 2017 at Otterbein University
Mount Union 5, Otterbein 4
1. Gretchen Groves (MTUW) def. Rylie Markle (OTTW) 4-6, 6-2, 6-4
2. Jordan Teaford (MTUW) def. Makayla Sutter (OTTW) 6-8, 6-2, 6-4
3. Sophie Allen (OTTW) def. Alix Stein (MTUW) 6-1, 6-0
4. Sophia Navas-Davis (OTTW) def. Kayla Johnston (MTUW) 6-3, 6-4
5. Marriella Briones (OTTW) def. Anna Nelson (MTUW) 6-2, 6-2
6. Megan Marsh (MTUW) def. Megan Stuteville (OTTW) 6-4, 6-3
1. Gretchen Groves/Alix Stein (MTUW) def. Rylie Markle/Makayla Sutter (OTTW) 8-4
2. Kayla Johnston/Jordan Teaford (MTUW) def. Sophia Navas-Davis/Emily Quill (OTTW) 8-4
3. Marriella Briones/Megan Yates (OTTW) def. Anna Nelson/Ashley Gran (MTUW) 8-3
Notes: Otterbein 11-5, 4-3 OAC; Mount Union 10-5, 5-2 OAC