HILTON HEAD, S.C. -- The Mount Union women's tennis team defeated Nebraska Wesleyan, 9-0, for their second straight shutout to remain undefeated at 6-0.
Jordan Teaford (Canton/GlenOak) recorded the game winning point for the Purple Raiders as she collected score of 6-1, 6-1 in her singles competition and 8-3 in doubles with teammate Core Shane (Cuyahoga Falls).
The Raiders continue action in Hilton Head for a match against Lynchburg (Va.) Thursday, March 14 at Hilton Head High School with a 1 p.m. start time.
Mount Union 9, Nebraska Wesleyan 0
1. Gretchen Groves (MTU) def. Madi Hinshaw (NWUW) 6-1, 6-0
2. Jordan Teaford (MTU) def. Han Le (NWUW) 6-1, 6-1
3. Cora Shane (MTU) def. Kailey Jay-Kissler (NWUW) 6-0, 6-0
4. MacKenzie Cavalier (MTU) def. Shea Swanson (NWUW) 6-0, 6-0
5. Sierra Beighey (MTU) def. Samantha Slizoski (NWUW) 6-0, 6-0
6. Trisha Kohut (MTU) def. Say Moo (NWUW) 6-0, 6-0
1. Gretchen Groves/MacKenzie Cavalier (MTU) def. Madi Hinshaw/Han Le (NWUW) 8-0
2. Jordan Teaford/Cora Shane (MTU) def. Kailey Jay-Kissler/Shea Swanson (NWUW) 8-3
3. Gabrielle Wegener/Trisha Kohut (MTU) def. Samantha Slizoski/Raissa Sousa (NWUW) 8-4
Mount Union 6-0
Nebraska Wesleyan 2-10