ALLIANCE, Ohio -- Mount Union's women's tennis team shutout Baldwin Wallace, 5-0, in the first round of the Ohio Atheltic Conference Tournament Wednesday at the Whitehill Courts.
The Purple Raiders (14-4) advances to the semifinal round against top-seed John Carroll Friday at 4:30 p.m. at the Lindner Tennis Center in Mason.
Cora Shane (Cuyahoga Falls) and Trish Kohut (Warren / Lordstown) picked up singles wins at No. 3 and No. 6 spots respectively to close out the match.
Tennis Match Results
Baldwin Wallace vs Mount Union
May 01, 2019 at Alliance, Ohio
Mount Union 5, Baldwin Wallace 0
1. Gretchen Groves (MTU) vs. Jayde Robinson (BW-W) 6-2, 5-3, unfinished
2. Jordan Teaford (MTU) vs. Ashtyn Morris (BW-W) 4-6, 6-1, 2-3, unfinished
3. Cora Shane (MTU) def. Imani Robinson (BW-W) 6-1, 6-1
4. MacKenzie Cavalier (MTU) vs. Kathleen Moser (BW-W) 6-1, 5-0, unfinished
5. Sierra Beighey (MTU) vs. Becca Liebler (BW-W) 6-4, 4-1, unfinished
6. Trisha Kohut (MTU) def. Emma Hubbard (BW-W) 6-2, 6-2
1. Gretchen Groves/MacKenzie Cavalier (MTU) def. Jayde Robinson/Imani Robinson (BW-W) 8-7
2. Jordan Teaford/Cora Shane (MTU) def. Becca Liebler/Ashtyn Morris (BW-W) 8-3
3. Trisha Kohut/Gabrielle Wegener (MTU) def. Kathleen Moser/Emma Hubbard (BW-W) 8-3
Mount Union 14-4
Baldwin Wallace 4-14
OAC Tournament - #4 Mount Union, #5 Baldwin Wallace
#4 Mount Union to play #1 John Carroll Friday at Lindner Center Center in Mason