MIAMISBURG, Ohio -- No. 4 seed Mount Union saw its season end with a loss to No. 1 seed John Carroll in the semifinals of the Ohio Athletic Conference Women's Tennis Tournament Friday at the South Regency Racquet Club in Miamisburg.
Weather forced the match that was originally slated to be played at the Lindner Tennis Center in Mason indoors.
John Carroll (14-5) swept through the three doubles matches then closed out the match with wins at No. 1 and No. 2 singles.
Mount Union finishes the season 14-5 and No. 1 player Gretchen Groves (Louisville) finishes her career with 104 combined singles and doubles wins which is the fourth most in program history.
Tennis Match Results
Mount Union vs John Carroll
May 03, 2019 at Miamisburg, Ohio
John Carroll 5, Mount Union 0
1. Lauren O'Malley (JCU) def. Gretchen Groves (MTU) 6-1, 6-0
2. Madisyn Rini (JCU) def. Jordan Teaford (MTU) 6-1, 6-0
3. Megan Reese (JCU) vs. Cora Shane (MTU) 6-0, 3-4, unfinished
4. Alyssa Krupp (JCU) vs. MacKenzie Cavalier (MTU) 6-3, 0-1, unfinished
5. Carlye Campagna (JCU) vs. Sierra Beighey (MTU) 0-0, unfinished
6. Skye Harwood (JCU) vs. Trisha Kohut (MTU) unfinished
1. Madisyn Rini/Lauren O'Malley (JCU) def. Gretchen Groves/MacKenzie Cavalier (MTU) 8-0
2. Megan Reese/Skye Harwood (JCU) def. Jordan Teaford/Cora Shane (MTU) 8-5
3. Alyssa Krupp/Carlye Campagna (JCU) def. Gabrielle Wegener/Trisha Kohut (MTU) 8-2
John Carroll 14-5
Mount Union 14-5
Semifinals of the 2019 OAC Women's Tennis Tournament
#1 Seed John Carroll advances to the finals on Saturday at 2 pm