ALLIANCE, Ohio- Mount Union's volleyball team travels to Ada, Ohio Tuesday, Nov. 3rd to take on Ohio Northern in the quarterfinals of the Ohio Athletic Conference Tournament at 7 pm.
OAC Tournament Page:
Quarterfinals: Tuesday, November 3- 7:00 p.m.
- No. 6 Otterbein (4-5) at No. 3 Baldwin Wallace (6-3)
- No. 7 Mount Union (4-5) at No. 2 Ohio Northern (8-1)
- No. 5 John Carroll (5-4) at No. 4 Muskingum (6-3)
- No. 8 Marietta (2-7) at No. 1 Heidelberg (9-0)
Semifinals: Thursday, November 5 (higher seed will host)-7:00 p.m.
- Winner of No. 3/6 vs. Winner of No. 2/7
- Winner of No. 4/5 vs. Winner of No. 1/8
Finals: Saturday, November 7 at highest remaining seed-2:00 p.m.
- Semifinal winners
- For quarterfinals on Tuesday, admission shall be $7 for adults, $5 for Seniors (62) and $2 for non-OAC students.
- For the semifinals on Thursday, admission shall be $7 for adults, $5 for Seniors and $2 for non-OAC students.
- On Saturday the admission is $7.00 for adults, $5 for Seniors and $2 for non-OAC students.
- OAC students are admitted free of charge with valid ID. OAC 2015-16 passes are not valid for the tournament. OAC Lifetime passes will be honored.
Scouting Mount Union:
The Purple Raiders enter the tournament in seventh place in the OAC with a 4-5 record against OAC competition and a 15-12 record overall.
Leading the Raiders offensively is Brooke Knollman (Powell/Olentangy Liberty) with 245 kills on the season. Setting up the offense is Riley Schenk (Lorain/Amherst Steele) leading with 588 assists. Defensively, Allison Baird (North Royalton/North Royalton) is leading the team with 444 digs.
Scouting Ohio Northern:
The Polar Bears enter the tournament in second place in the OAC with a 8-1 record against OAC competition and a 22-5 record overall.
Leading the Polar Bears is Ellie Gillespie with 252 kills on the season. Ashley Borchers is leading in assists with 952. Defensively leading Ohio Northern is Megan Nieszala with 555 digs.
Mount Union vs. Ohio Northern in Regular Season:
Mount Union lost to Ohio Northern in the regular season meeting on Saturday, October 10 in Ada, Ohio. They lost in four sets by scores of 25-17, 13-25, 18-25, and 17-25.
OAC Tournament History:
This is the 26th tournament appearance for the Raiders with a record of 23-22. Mount Union has won three championships (2011, 2013, and 2014) and has two second place finishes (1999, 2012). The Polar Bears have had 31 tournament appearances and have won 13 championships. They have also had four second place finishes.
Mount Union and Ohio Northern have only met in the tournament once in the past four years. They met up in the semi-finals last year and the Raiders defeated the Polar Bears in three sets.
The winner of No. 7 Mount Union v. No. 2 Ohio Northern takes on the winner of No. 3 Baldwin Wallace and No. 6 Otterbein on Thursday Nov. 5th at 7 pm at the higher remaining seed.